I found an exclusive photo shoot from 2012 when Sofia was promoting Street Dance 2 in Canada.
POP CULTURE – The first film in Universal Pictures’ “Dark Universe” slate of remakes, The Mummy, will be available for digital download on August 22 and on Blu-ray and DVD September 12. For those of you who are fans of a film’s special features, you’re in luck, because The Mummy will be packed with plenty of goodies.
The film’s special features are as follows:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Cruise & Kurtzman: A Conversation Rooted in Reality – Tom Cruise and Alex Kurtzman discuss the making of The Mummy.
- Rooted in Reality – Filmmakers and cast reveal how they broke away from old tropes and traditions to create a dynamic and realistic 21st century monster movie.
- Life in Zero-G: Creating the Plane Crash – Watch Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis, and the crew shoot the incredible plane sequence.
- Meet Ahmanet – Sofia Boutella shares the excitement of reinventing a monster icon.
- Cruise in Action – A behind-the-scenes look at Tom Cruise’s most memorable Mummy stunts.
- Becoming Jekyll and Hyde – Find out how the casting of Russell Crowe brought a bold new dimension to the roles of Jekyll and Hyde.
- Choreographed Chaos – Watch as cast and filmmakers create an epic outdoors clash between ancient and modern worlds.
- Nick Morton: In Search of a Soul – Tom Cruise describes what drew him to play a man seemingly without a soul.
- Ahmanet Reborn Animated Graphic Novel – Witness Ahmanet’s descent into the monstrous underworld as she is reborn into the Goddess of Chaos and Wrath.
- Feature Commentary with director and producer Alex Kurtzman and cast members Sofia Boutella, Annabelle Wallis, and Jake Johnson
EW – Comic-Con is going blonde.
Charlize Theron and director David Leitch will be on hand at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego for an exclusive screening of Atomic Blonde. The Cold War-era spy thriller made its debut at South by Southwest earlier this year, but before it hits theaters nationwide on July 28, Comic-Con attendees will get a chance to be among the first to see the film.
Theron also will be taking center stage at Comic-Con as part of EW’s annual “Women Who Kick Ass” panel. This year will mark the first-ever “Icon Edition” of the panel, spotlighting Theron’s Oscar-winning career from Monster and Arrested Development to Mad Max: Fury Road and Atomic Blonde.
Theron stars in Atomic Blonde as the British spy Lorraine Broughton, a tough-as-nails agent working in ‘80s Berlin. “I hadn’t seen another character like her out there,” Theron told EW earlier this year. “She doesn’t apologize for anything. We made her strong and feisty. She’s cheeky. These were all things I responded to.”
The Atomic Blonde screening will be held at UA Horton Plaza 8 at 8 p.m. on July 22. Seating is first-come, first-served, and it’s open to all SDCC badge holders ages 21 and over.
It doesn’t appear that Sofia will attend but I’ll keep an eye out for her.
I missed these three events and I just got them.